What Are Raspberry Ketones?
Until recently the hidden potential of raspberry ketones has seemed to be one of the best kept secrets of slimming, even though the effectiveness of the component was subjet to extensive research. It was the leading American dietitian and nutritionist, often appearing on TV’s Health programs – Dr Oz, who brought the the miraculous powers of raspberry ketones to light drawing the general public’s attention to its unique properties.
Raspberry ketone is a naturally-occurring phenolic compound (C10H12O2) that gives raspberries their distinctive smell and makes them so delicious and enjoyable to eat. The substance found also application in beauty industry by having been added as a fragrance to certain cosmetics and perfumes.
The most exciting and promising discovery for weight loss, however, has been that the ketone compound is able to raise the levels of adiponectin in the body.
What does it mean?
Adiponectin is a protein hormone directly responsible for controlling the metabolism, regulating the level of glucose, lowering blood pressure and reducing the amount of body fat. It simply means that an individual with higher levels of adiponectin will become naturally slimmer in a much easier way than those with lower levels of the substance in the blood – a fact confirmed in clinical trials. Aside from helping to control obesity, it can also reduce the risk of certain health conditions including fatty liver disease, type 2 diabetes and atherosclerosis.
How Do Raspberry Ketones Work?
Raspberry ketone has powerful fat burning capabilities. It forces the body to release more of the ‘stress’ hormone known as norepinephrine, which stimulates the nervous system and blood supply. This in turn stimulates the metabolism to speed the body’s natural fat burning processes. Raspberry ketone decreases the rate of carbohydrates absorbtion, boosting the fat burning process and helping you to break down fat deposits, thus enabling to lose weight more effectively and naturally.
No wonder these obvious benefits make raspberry ketones the substance now becoming a weight loss essential.
The report of the research conducted in Japan by Dr Morimoto and a team of scientists from the Medical University in Ehime stated, that “the raspberry ketone reduces the body fat and the content of triglicerides in plasma by boosting the metabolism”. The laboratory tests confirmed that raspberry ketones prevent accumulating the fat in tissues by as much as 17%.
The potency of raspberry ketones was also proved in another research study conducted in the Centre of Applied Health Sciences (Stow, Ohio, USA) under direction of Dr Hector Lopez. The following data resulted from the 8-week tests carried out on the group of 45 volunteers:
- the average weight loss by 2 %
- reduction of body fat by 7.8 %
- the increase of non-fat body mass by 3.4%
- the reduction of waist size by 2%
- the reduction of hip size by 1.7%
How Long Does It Take To See Weight Loss Results From Raspberry Ketone
The recommended safe daily dosage of Raspberry Ketone supplements is 200mg. Depending on the supplement itself, many users of raspberry ketone begin to see weight loss results within a couple of weeks.
Additional Raspberry Ketone Benefits
Improved Immune System
Raspberry Ketone increases the production of B and T cells (white blood cells) which helps to bolster the immune system making it more resistant to illnesses.
Protection Against Free Radicals
Raspberry Ketones are rich in potent antioxidants that help to protect the body cells from the harmful impact of the free radicals in the environment. This can also help to slow down the ageing process.
Raspberry ketones can naturally alleviate and prevent muscular and rheumatic pain by lowering certain enzymes in the body responsible for causing discomfort and pain with arthritic and other related conditions, as they possess the same anti-inflammatory properties as drugs such as NSAID’s (e.g. aspirin)
Helping To Replace Essential Fatty Acids
Raspberry ketones, when consumed regularly can help to replace essential fatty acids such as Omega-3 fatty acids in the body. Omega-3 is vital for keeping appropriate levels of growth hormones and helps to maintain a fully functioning and healthy brain.
Raspberry Ketones Side Effects? NONE!
Using Raspberry Ketones has not proven to cause any adverse side effects. Unlike many ingredients that increase energy level, Raspberry Ketones do not bring about unwelcome symptoms like headaches or nervousness, so it is one of the most suitable ingredients that can be included in diet pills. Raspberry ketone is a safe substance with no potential health risks.
Raspberry Ketones due to their powerful and unique slimming properties represent an excellent component of a diet pill. They do not entirely protect against the possible conequences of a high-fat diet but when they are used in combination with other clinically proven diet pill ingredients you my notice a significant weight loss. It’s enough for you to pick the best product available on the market and enjoy its benefits. Why waiting for the dreamlike figure and self-comfort?
Dietary supplements for weight lost with Raspberry Ketones
There are many dietary supplements available on the market, containing Raspberry Ketones. They are a common ingredient of products intended for weight loss.
Burn the excess body fat with RaspberryKetone700 ™!
|Raspberry Ketone Plus ™|
More supplements containing Raspberry Ketone: https://the-best-supplements.com/ingredient/raspberry-ketone/.
References & External links
- Morimoto, Chie, et al. “Anti-obese action of raspberry ketone.” Life sciences 77.2 (2005): 194-204. “In conclusion, RK prevents and improves obesity and fatty liver. These effects appear to stem from the action of RK in altering the lipid metabolism, or more specifically, in increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in white adipocytes.“
- Lopez, Hector L., et al. “Eight weeks of supplementation with a multi-ingredient weight loss product enhances body composition, reduces hip and waist girth, and increases energy levels in overweight men and women.” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 10.1 (2013): 1. “Objective. To determine the safety and efficacy of a multi-ingredient supplement containing primarily raspberry ketone, caffeine, capsaicin, garlic, ginger and Citrus aurantium (Prograde Metabolism™ [METABO]) as an adjunct to an eight-week weight loss program. Conclusions. METABO administration is a safe and effective adjunct to an eight-week diet and exercise weight loss program by augmenting improvements in body composition, waist and hip girth. Adherence to the eight-week weight loss program also led to beneficial changes in body fat in placebo. Ongoing studies to confirm these results and clarify the mechanisms (i.e., biochemical and neuroendocrine mediators) by which METABO exerts the observed salutary effects are being conducted.“
- 4-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-butanone – https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/21648.
- Raspberry ketone – http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.20347.html?rid=b7a5916a-39bd-48ec-b7c7-7fed4c375289.
- Wang, J-G. “4-(4-Hydroxyphenyl) butan-2-one.” Acta Crystallographica Section E: Structure Reports Online 67.6 (2011): o1411-o1411.
Raspberry ketone synonyms: 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl)butan-2-one, 4-(p-hydroxyphenyl)-2-butanone, 4-hydroxybenzylacetone, betuligenol, oxyphenalon, p-hydroxybenzylacetone. Molecular Formula: C10H12O2, Average mass: 164.201 Da (g/mol), Monoisotopic mass: 164.083725 Da (g/mol), Exact Mass: 164.084 g/mol, ChemSpider ID: 20347.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
|The article "Raspberry Ketones" in other languages|
|Ketony malinowe (Raspberry Ketones) po Polsku.|
Ketony malinowe (Raspberry Ketones)