One of the most popular trends in the cannabis world right now are dabs. As opposed to smoking the cannabis flowers, dabbing helps you quickly and easily vaporize the cannabis concentrates.
Concentrates, sometimes known as extracts, are made up by stripping off all the cannabinoids from the cannabis plants. Also, the high THC levels in the concentrates make dabbing one of the best ways to get an ultra-powerful dose of the medicine.
Dabbing gets its name from dabs (small blobs) of a concentrate, which, when combined with the special rig (a dab rig), makes you experience an ultimate smoking process.
Now that you’re excited, it is vital to know what dabs are before learning about the right equipment.
What are Dabs?
Dabs are single-serving cannabis concentrate hits, which help in promising a truly effed hit. Dabs usually are available in two cannabis concentrate forms – Wax and Shatter. Know that these are pretty much the same thing. But, the only difference lies in their appearance. Wax is waxy to look at, but shatter is more solid – like a piece of hard candy.
Now that dabbing seems to excite you, paving a path to the process seems like the best option. To make the most cannabis smoking, you’ll need:
- Cannabis Concentrates – You’ll need wax, shatter, or solventless extracts like rosin.
- Dab Rigs: For dabbing, you usually need to remove the glass bowl when you’re smoking and replace the same with a nail. However, if you’re a newbie, you can look for dab rigs for sale and examine if the dabbing process suits you or not before investing a hefty amount.
- Dabbing Nail: These nails are usually quartz, ceramic, or titanium. Just make sure that it fits the rig in the best manner. Some pins may even need the use of a dome for trapping the vapour before inhaling it. Other nails have holes that allow vapour to move directly into the smoking pipe.
- Wand or Dabber: A dabber or wand is a great tool that helps you pick up your concentrate and place the same on a hot nail. These can either be glass, ceramic, or metal.
Read also: How Effective Is Ingesting Herbs Over Smoking.
It’s time to Season your Nail
If you have a brand new nail, it is always wise to season the same. By doing so, you’ll be able to get rid of the residual chemicals while making the nail. After all, you don’t want to inhale the chemicals. By doing so, you’ll get a pure and concentrated cannabis vapour – the one that you’re looking forth to.
To season the nail, follow these steps:
- Use a blow torch for heating it until it is red hot.
- Now smear some wax on the nail.
- Allow it to vaporize.
- After the wax or water vaporizes, use tongs to place the nail in a bowl of water. Repeat the process for attaining the best results.
Now you’re ready to embark on the dabbing journey.
The Verdict – the Best Way to Experiment with Dabbing
Cannabis enthusiasts say that the best way to experiment with a dabbing or marijuana endeavour is to start slow.
If it’s your first time dabbing, make sure to take one hit and wait for five minutes and see how your body reacts. Thus, be patient and never overdo your first hit. If the experience works well for you, hit the dab rig again. And then slowly increase the amount of dab per hit until you know your ideal consumption amount.