Are you new to cannabis? Are you wondering how to experience its plethora of effects? To begin with, let’s clear one fact. You can smoke marijuana using a variety of devices like water pipes, bubblers, and bongs. And they come in all shapes and sizes.
Having said that, their functioning is more and less the same. Since they follow one cardinal rule: the smoke moves through the water, producing less harsh and smoother hits. You must be wondering if you can ever smoke like a pro? Well! If that’s the case, this blog is just for you.
So, let’s begin the step-by-step guide right away!
Let’s begin with learning the basic bong essentials
Before jumping on learning how to use a bong, you need to know about its parts. Ideally, any standard bong contains the following five components.
- A bowl piece where you can pack your favorite cannabis flower. It is a bulbous attachment that’s easily removable.
- A carburetor, also known as “carb,” is a hole that helps you take the smoke out once you complete your smoking session. All you have to make sure that you should not pull your bowl out too far whenever trying to expose this tiny hole.
- A downstem through which the smoke flows into the water base. It is essential to cool down the smoke before you take the hit.
- A base is the bottom area of your bong. Its primary function is to hold water.
- A tube enables the chamber to connect the base to the mouthpiece.
As we mentioned earlier, there are different types of bongs available in the market. However, whatever option you choose, now is the time to learn how to use one. Unlike what you think, it’s not tricky at all.
So, let’s get started!
The Ultimate Guide to Using a Bong Like a Pro
Adding Water in the Bong
By now, you have an idea that water plays a role in making your smoking experience enjoyable. This is why most people end up asking, “ How much water is good enough?” Ideally, you must never put a lot of water in the base. Otherwise, whenever you take a hit, it will travel right to your mouth.
Will you like that splash? Of course, not! Experts suggest keeping the water level only until the spot where your downstem can rest in the water. On average, any regular size bong requires around an inch of water.
Pack Your Bowl With Cannabis Flower
You must grind your cannabis flower into smaller pieces. Pack it a bit loosely for proper airflow through the herb pieces. Once you are through with that, insert your bowl in the bong.
It’s Time to Take the Hit
Your moment is finally here. Use a lighter to heat your dry bud. You must hold it against the flower pieces and take the drag from your mouthpiece. Once your bong fills with smoke, take the bowl out and inhale your smoke.
It’s that simple to smoke weed, irrespective of the type of bong you are using. So, are you all set for your first-ever hit?