Growing your own marijuana takes a great deal of patience and effort. Growing marijuana is a fun and simple procedure, despite knowing that it may seem stressful at first. However, if you follow the guide in this article, you will be able to grow the best flowers possible.
Choosing the Right Seeds
There are hundreds of marijuana strains available for purchase, each with its own qualities. However, not all strains are suitable for beginners. Some plants will be easy to grow, while others will be difficult to sustain. Indica-dominant plants are the ideal strains for beginners.
Northern Lights, Granddaddy Purple, and Blackberry Kush are three of the most popular indica plants (all of which have high ratings on Leafly). Afghani, Bubba Kush, and Hindu Kush are some more excellent starter plants.
The best way to choose the right seeds is to read reviews written by real customers who have successfully grown each strain before. This is not always possible if purchasing from the best canada dispensary. Still, it may provide you with some indications as to what to anticipate from each plant.
Seeds or clones may be used to start your plants from seed
When it comes to planting, you have two options: either start from seed or start from a clone of the plant you want to grow. Starting from seed is more complex, but the end result is stronger plants in the long run. Growing marijuana plants from clones is more manageable than growing marijuana plants from seed. They are mature plants that may flower more rapidly than marijuana plants developed from seed. However, it will be more costly upfront and result in weaker plants if it is not done correctly.
Use the Right Soil
When grown outside, you do not need to provide expensive soil for your plants. However, for the best results, you should use high-quality marijuana soil to support the growth of strong and healthy plants.
When it comes to soil mixes for marijuana plants and other crops, loam is the most beneficial soil type. Clay, sand, and silt are blended together to form loam, which combines the best characteristics of these three different soil types while minimizing their worst aspects. Loam is an excellent growing medium for both indoor and outdoor growing. But, it is usually the most expensive soil to purchase. But if you are willing to grow the perfect flowers possible, it can pay off in the end.
Keep your plants well-watered
Watering your plants is a simple task, but too many inexperienced growers make the mistake of thinking it is. Overwatering is the most common issue with weed. A strange effect occurs when new growers believe it is necessary to soak their crops with water. Overwatering your plant puts it at risk of not receiving enough oxygen. On the other hand, plants get thirsty if they are not adequately watered, and their leaves droop in response.
Watering during the seedling stage should be done twice a day at first, emphasizing frequency rather than volume. If you’re using small pots, it’s recommended to water them daily throughout the vegetative stage.
Feed your plants properly
As soon as your plants have a few sets of leaves, you may begin feeding them with nutrients. Certain brands of fertilizer can start feeding at the seedling stage, one week following germination. Avoid nutritional burn by following the directions properly.
Soil moisturizers, plant growth boosters, and production enhancers are all examples of supplements. Nitrogen (N) is the nutrient that regulates protein synthesis in marijuana plants. Thus, they require a lot during this development period. As a result of this increase in leaves and stems, the plant will get larger and more robust in the future.
Marijuana plants are at the blooming stage when they produce their buds or flowers. During this period, phosphorus and potassium are the most frequently consumed nutrients. Applying a fertilizer solution during the flowering stage is advisable to provide the plant with these components. When flowering starts, the plant requires less nitrogen than during the vegetative stage. Every grower’s goal is to have a good harvest. This can only be achieved by feeding the plants properly throughout the flowering season.
Read also: How To Make Marijuana A Part Of Your Healthy Diet?
Light is Essential for Healthy Marijuana Plants
To convert carbon dioxide into plant growth and root development, it is important to have enough light energy in the photosynthesis-active radiation (PAR) waveband, which ranges from 400–700 nm.
For the duration of the time that cannabis is exposed to light, it plays two essential roles.
- Facilitating the crop from a vegetative phase to a flowering stage.
- Creating an annual light integral (ALI) is the best way to get the most out of the positive effects of more biomass, more flowers, and shorter growth cycles in the cannabis plant.
There are also a lot of factors that affect how plants grow (photosynthetic rates, morphology, and yield), how resistant they are to pests and diseases, how quickly they grow, and how many cannabinoids and THC they have. The quality of the light source also plays a big role.
Control Temperature, Humidity, and Air Circulation
You may start by identifying relative humidity as the amount of water vapor air can contain at a given temperature. To put it another way: warmer temperatures mean greater relative humidity levels.
For plants, the pace at which their leaves shed water is affected by humidity, which significantly impacts how much food they can use in their life cycle. During high humidity, the plant’s transpiration slows, resulting in less water being taken up by its roots and the nutrients it takes to make.
These requirements may be easily met if attention is kept within the required ranges and as steady as possible. You’ll need a hygrometer and a thermometer for this. You can use these tools to properly monitor and then control humidity and temperature conditions so that you can always get the same quality every time.
- Increase the speed of your current tube vents or your airflow fans.
- Water your plants soon after the light turns on. Cooler air and fast absorption reduce absolute humidity.
- The best and most reliable option is to get a big dehumidifier. Small humidifiers can’t keep up with the demand.
- Increase the overall airflow and exchange in your growing space.
- When utilizing HPS lights, consider using a cool tube.
- Install an air conditioner (ACs reduce humidity).
- Misting with a spray bottle momentarily increases humidity.
- Keep the soil surface damp but not wet.
- Hang damp towels or open water containers in your grow space.
- The most reliable solution is a humidifier with a big water tank (the need for constant refills makes smaller ones inefficient).
- Bigger watts mean more heat.
- Place a heating mat in your tent or growing area.
- Use a basic, efficient space thermostat.
Prepare for Harvesting
Harvesting your plants in parts saves you time and makes the entire process much more manageable. However, before you begin harvesting, make sure you have the following equipment:
- A trimming tray for more accessible transportation and preservation.
- Scissors for trimming your buds.
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean the inevitable resin from your trimming scissors.
- Shears and pruners for cutting your branches.
However, before you can start the exciting and important process of harvesting your cannabis, you need to take care of a few things.
- Make sure your plants are free of toxins. From pests and fungi to everything in between, thoroughly inspect your plants and throw away any parts that appear to have been damaged.
- Slightly trim any fan leaves that are larger than needed. The lower trichome count of giant fan leaves indicates that your plants thrive in their environment. Still, they are less potent due to their size and appearance. Nevertheless, if you’re going to make edibles out of them, you should keep them there.
- Your plants need to be washed. Using mineral nutrients may not require this step, but it is strongly recommended.
It takes a lot of attention, care, and patience to harvest cannabis successfully at home. Still, you’ll have this procedure down very quickly with the correct gear and instructions.