Forget fasting and fad diets. Folks who want visible and lasting weight loss are turning to the extract of a plant called garcinia cambogia. The reason? In one study, people who took a garcinia cambogia extract like HCA Fit lost four pounds in a month. It’s completely natural and non-addictive.
The catch? Garcinia cambogia has more than a few bandwagon products. Stick with a garcinia extract with at least 60% HCA and 1300 mg like HCA Fit ™ for best results.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia is a plant native to Indonesia. It looks like a small green pumpkin and has been used for hundreds of years by the peoples of Southeast Asia to make meals more satiating. That would be thanks to a compound in the plant, called hydroxycitric acid, or HCA, which blocks fat and increases seratonin. We’ll discuss those in a moment.
Garcinia cambogia has been very popular in recent years because of it appearance on the Dr Oz show in 2012. That in turn opened the floodgates, so to speak, to every organization looking to cash in on the cambogia craze. Unfortunately, they vary in quality.
Don’t let this dissuade you from garcinia cambogia completely, however, because the plant clearly works. You’re looking for a garcinia cambogia extract with 60% hydroxycitric acid. Here’s why…
What it Does
Garcinia cambogia does several things. Primarily, though, it reduces conversion of carbohydrates to fat and it increases serotonin – the ‘feel good’ neurotransmitter in the brain. These are important for people who want to lose weight.
- Fat-Blocking – The HCA in garcinia cambogia inhibits an enzyme called citrate lyase, which converts fats from carbohydrates.
- Increase Serotonin – Garcinia boosts serotonin naturally, which improves mood and reduces the change that a patient will reach for the fridge when they don’t feel so hot.
A little more on the latter point. Studies link low serotonin to both overeating and sleeping problems. For example, a 2011 study conducted at Columbia Unversity found that sleepy patients consumed an average 300 calories more per day than people who got enough shut-eye.
Most of those calories came from waist-unfriendly saturated fats – ‘comfort foods’ – which highlights the link between low serotonin and ‘binge’ eating.
What HCA Fit ™ Can Do For You
HCA Fit ™ is a high quality garcinia extract. The product has 60% hydroxycitric acid, which is the gold standard among garcinia products. It has no fillers or artificial ingredients and is ideally dosed at 1300 mg, taken as a capsule twice per day.
In particular, you may find that it:
- Helps You Lose Weight – HCA Fit is designed for healthy weight management because it reduces binge eating and reduces fat storage. As well, it’s a natural appetite supressant.
- Increases ‘Curb Appeal’ – Let’s call this what it is: physical attractiveness. Excess weight often shows up in the face. Many clients find the pounds that HCA Fit takes off makes their cheek bones more visible. The result? Good looks, and compliments – even a few sexy stares.
- Restores Confidence – When you look good, you feel good. HCA Fit helps clients feel confidence and get that zest back in their stride.
The product is guaranteed for 60 days and comes with live customer service seven days a week. Don’t overlook either point – most so-called garcinia products are just bottles collecting dust in a warehouse with no visible company behind them.
The fact that the company offers HCA Fit ™ with a 60 day guarantee is a good sign too. They’ve obviously done their research and brought one of the best garcinia extracts to market. People are buying it. And if you want a fast, easy way to lose weight, and look great while you do it, you may soon be among them.
How To Lose Weight Fast (And Safely)
HCAFit ™ Garcinia Cambogia makes it easier to lose weight because it helps you feel satiated and reduces conversion of fat from carbohydrates.
You’ll eat less, naturally, without diet pills, and minus the guilt that you shouldn’t be eating.
But don’t forget that healthy weight management also means regular exercise and heeding the following tips:
- Eat vegetables – They’re low in fat and help you feel full. Plus, they’re healthy! Try to eat vegetables and fruits from all colors of the rainbow.
- Drink water – Water boosts metabolism. In one study, people who drank water before eating took in 75 fewer calories each meal. That’s 27,000 calories a year…or 8lbs.
- Keep a food journal – Write down everything you eat. This helps you stay the course. How did you feel when you ate – were you sad or bored?
The benefit of HCAFit ™ Garcinia Cambogia is that it stabilizes your appetite and reduces fat from carbohydrates. These steps are MUCH EASIER to adopt and maintain … And help you look – and feel – simply awesome!
HCAFit ™ Garcinia Cambogia was designed for moments like that. And you can expect many, many of them with HCAFit Garcinia Cambogia because it’s designed to work with your body and reduce excess food cravings to help you:
- Reduce excess fat storage
- Look (and feel!) Your best
- Cut back on binge-eating
- Bring out your lean sex appeal!
- Have fewer midnight snack
- and many more!
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
References & External links
- Jena et al 2002, Chemistry and Biochemistry of (−)-Hydroxycitric Acid from Garcinia, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 50(1):10-22.
- Heymsfield SB, Allison DB, Vasselli JR, Pietrobelli A, Greenfield D, Nunez C (1998). “Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial”. JAMA. 280 (18): 1596–600.
- Igho O, Shao K, Rachel P, Barbara W, Edzard E (2011). “The Use of Garcinia Extract Hydroxycitric Acid as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials”. J Obes. 2011 (622): 849.
- Hayamizu, K; Tomi, H; Kaneko, I; Shen, M; Soni, MG; Yoshino, G (2008). “Effects of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum sex hormones in overweight subjects”. Fitoterapia. 79 (4): 255–61.
- The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials, Igho Onakpoya, Shao Kang Hung, Rachel Perry, BarbaraWider, Edzard Ernst, Hindawi Publishing Corporation – Journal of Obesity (Volume 2011, Article ID 509038, 9 pages).
- Evaluation of the pharmacotherapeutic efficacy of Garcinia cambogia plus Amorphophallus konjac for the treatment of obesity, Carlos A. R. Vasques, Simone Rossetto, Graziele Halmenschlager, Rafael Linden, Eliane Heckler, Maria S. Poblador Fernandez, José L. Lancho Alonso, Phytotherapy Research Volume 22, Issue 9, pages 1135–1140, September 2008
- Garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Potential Antiobesity Agent: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Steven B. Heymsfield, MD; David B. Allison, PhD; Joseph R. Vasselli, PhD; Angelo Pietrobelli, MD; Debra Greenfield, MS, RD; Christopher Nunez, MEd, JAMA – The Journal of the American Medical Association (1998;280(18):1596-1600)